The Jus' Sail Foundation is a registered not for profit entity in Saint Lucia. Since 2012 Jus' Sail has developed a successful training programme for local unemployed youth to gain the necessary skills, certification and attitude to gain employment within the local marine and wider tourism sector. We have over 80 graduates now out there in the work force who have sustained employment since being on our programme. Many of which have become stand out employees within the companies for whom they work.
Due to demand from our supporters, we are launching a general donations fund for any persons, businesses or other entities that wish to support our training efforts to make a hassle free donation. We are now commencing fund raising for our 2020 programme and all donations are gratefully received towards this endeavour. Our programme costs approximately USD15,000 per year to train ten students and help them gain certification in:
- International Crew Certificate
- Swim to Survive Certificate
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Soft Skills Training Certificate
- Introduction to Customer Service Certificate
- Introductory sessions to: Communication skills, personal branding, environmental and marine ecosystem awareness, snorkeling, CV development and interview technique, teamwork and leadership.
- A minimum of 2 weeks work experience
- All bus fares and lunches paid for so the programme has a zero cost to the participant to ensure lack of finances is no barrier to enrollment.